AUSVEG is the prescribed peak industry body (PIB) for the Australian Vegetable and Potato Industries and currently has three roles:
1. Agripolitical advocacy and representation on behalf of vegetable and potato growers.
2. Research and Development (R&D) associated services:
- Establish a case for a levy, seek a mandate from growers and make submission to the Australian Government. Levies in place raised by AUSVEG are the National Vegetable and Potato Levies.
- Recommend Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) members to Horticulture Innovation Australia (HIA) for the purpose of making decisions on annual investment in the National Vegetable and Potato Levies.
- Levy investment consultation process. AUSVEG is responsible for administering the process that provides a recommendation from industry to HIA on where the National Vegetable and Potato Levies should be invested. For more information on this process click here.
- General consultation- Under National Vegetable and Potato Levies, AUSVEG provides broad consultation on behalf of industry on issues such as biosecurity.
3. Service Provision
AUSVEG delivers national projects in the areas of communication and environment on behalf of industry, funded from a wide variety of sources including Government grants, sponsorship and levies.